Friday 21 August 2015

New spring vegetable planting


This is a big big moment...my first vegetable plantings in my new garden! Its still winter, but I've not let that hold me back. A row of bok choy, a row of spinach seeds, which are too late, and don't do well in warm Auckland. And a packet of broadbeans to the left, and a packet of peas to the right.



I rather think I still have the 'not got very much space so I have to cram it all together' mentality though, these are lettuces, and could have been spaced just a bit more.


Finished planters, all waiting for spring and proper planting. I had to resist the temptation to fill them with winter stuff, because I know spring is just around the corner and I will be wanting to absolutely fill them with lovely summer things like tomatoes and courgettes and beans and pumpkins and cucumbers and other space hungry things. Maybe these aren't big enough at all then?


No comments:

Post a Comment