Wednesday 18 March 2015

Chickens

 
The thing that I am most excited about in my new-to-be garden is CHICKENS!  I'm planning to have 3.  They'll need to be fully grown, or my cats might decide they are called breakfast.  And I was thinking of names like Mrs Cluckcluck, or Lavinia.
 
 
These chickens in the picture live down the road from me.  I was walking past a couple of weeks ago and stopped and chatted to the lovely lady who owns them. She showed me how she fed them - the pellets and chicken mash.  And the step-on feeders and other bits.  Chickens seems so friendly and companionable.
 
I keep wandering around my clay patch envisaging 'chicken run here' or 'chicken run there'.  Do I put them tucked away in the back corner?  Or plonk in the middle where I can see them?  But I think, as one of my friends said last night, they will be my pets, more than egg production units, so plonk in the middle I'm thinking, where I can see them from my kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment