Wednesday 11 March 2015

Clay Progress

 
Last weekend I moved dirt from 1 heap to another heap. I spread some of the top soil around a bit. But mainly I attacked the 'Clay Mountain'.
 
I'm using it to build up the high side of my (future) lawn, so the water can run away rather than pool - which happened a lot last winter.
 
 
The white stuff is clay breaker - gypsum - to break down the clay and turn it into lovely soil - or so the propaganda goes, we shall see.  I'm in experimental mode with this at the moment.  This tiny skinny strip was 1/2 a bucket full, so might need to buy a truck load of the stuff rather than a bag. Incredibly heavy stuff though!
 
Along the wall is a little strip of all the good dirt I'm excavating.  This will become a small strip of planting, I'm thinking passionfruit and grapes and climbing roses and maybe a tecomanthe speciosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment