Friday 27 March 2015

Winter Planting part one

 
 
 
 
It is going to be quite some time before I have the backyard 'proper' garden vegetable area done.  But I still want to have something growing over the winter.  So I have pressed the tiny area in the front of my house into service again.  I've got lettuces here (under the climbing stand that held the tomato plant).
 
 
 
And a little punnet of beetroot plants.  Had A LOT of seedlings in it, so that was a good bargain!
 
 
I got the seedlings from the Clevedon market, an all-round excellent place for a Sunday morning stroll.
 
I reckon I could squeeze another, say, packet of broadbeans, and maybe some more leafy things in this tiny strip.  Gardening in a small section does mean you are comfortable with close quarters for your plants.  No tidy rows here!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment