Monday 11 May 2015

A seam of gold

 
 
I knew this was here somewhere, but was wondering if it was so covered by clay it had disappeared. 
 
Part of the retaining wall destruction involved chopping down all my existing trees on the north half of my property.  We (my trusty and heroic helper actually) then whizzed them all in a mulcher to turn them into valuable compost mulch.  All well and good, except if it is then all lost beneath thick sticky yellow clay.
 
But ah ha! here it is!  At last.  So I've started undermining the clay mountain from the bottom to use all this lovely compost.  The first place it has been going is in the soon-to-be contemplation garden edging.  For a hedge of hebes.  Again.  I'm trying hard to not just plant one of everything, but to have some continuity and repetition going on.  Which is quite hard for me.
 

 
 
Ah, it feels soooo good to be starting on the creating now, not just schlepping clay around.

No comments:

Post a Comment